Work at a place with a purpose to help people Live Life Well
Our workforce encompasses people from all walks of life and backgrounds, on a wide variety of career paths, working in a diverse range of industries around the world.
Source of Satisfaction
Director of Commodity Management
Mercury Marine - Fond du Lac, WI
Eight Years at Brunswick/Mercury Marine
In his current position, Sekhar Visvanathan is responsible for "strategic global sourcing of components and materials needed to manufacture Mercury's world-class engines." In other words, he's the guy who gets the stuff the factory needs to keep all those innovative products - such as the new 150 FourStroke engine - rolling off the assembly line. Being empowered by the plant to do it efficiently, effectively, and reliably is a source great satisfaction.
"I have been given a great deal of flexibility, in the means I employ all the lean tools I am able to utilize, to enable me to deliver results in the right way - which leads to a great sense of personal accomplishment."
He's also proud of how increasing levels of responsibility have helped him grow, both personally and professionally.
"The opportunities that Mercury has provided me have given me a broad exposure to the world. Each step of the way, the opportunity to be a 'cost guardian' for the company is a responsibility I take personally and take great pride in."
A Winning Move
Business Systems Analyst, Data Warehouse
Life Fitness - Schiller Park, IL
Seven Years with Brunswick/Life Fitness
Prior to taking her current position, Vaibhavi worked as a Field Service Invoice Coordinator for four years. When she decided she'd like to change her career direction, Life Fitness and Brunswick saw an opportunity to help an employee grow, and allowed her to transition to a role that was better aligned with her long-term goals and interests.
The opportunity to make a move that enhanced her career and home life is just one reason Vaibhavi likes working for Life Fitness and Brunswick Corporation.
"The camaraderie among the employees keeps morale and productivity high. My managers have been very good and flexible to work with and that helps me perform my best. All of these factors have definitely improved the quality of life for me and my family."
General Manager, Brunswick Zone XL
28 years with Brunswick Bowling & Billiards
In his nearly 30 years with Brunswick Bowling & Billiards, Jon has worked just about every bowling job there is to work, from janitor to manager, and everything in between. He knows first-hand that Brunswick is a company that rewards hard work, dedication, loyalty.
"I am the General Manager of a state-of-the-art bowling facility," Jon says with obvious pride. "We have 48 lanes, a laser tag arena, game room, two full-service bars, a café with a full menu, and four banquet rooms for events and birthday parties. I have a staff of 60-plus and many different hats to wear. In other words: I manage fun!"
A Seriously Fun Place to Work
At Brunswick, our company culture cannot help but be affected by the recreation and leisure products we make. It's fun to be a part of making things that bring many people around the world so much happiness and enjoyment. At the same time, we take our work very seriously, because remaining a leader in the various markets we serve takes hard work and dedication - and the best people in the business.
Our team is searching for bright, creative, and talented individuals who enjoy working with some of the world's greatest brands. Brunswick is the right place for people who can represent and connect with our customers while working in an environment that blends cultural, multi-lingual, and ethnic backgrounds.
At Brunswick, we accomplish business and individual goals while observing several key principles that guide our actions:
- Enabling employees to make sound business decisions at all levels
- Using collaboration and teamwork to drive results
- Sharing information in a timely manner
- Treating employees and customers with respect and dignity
- Holding ourselves accountable for our actions
- Experiencing success through the efforts of others
- Maintaining ethical behavior at all times
Our manufacturing facilities are the best in the business. We take enormous pride in our company's outstanding safety record, which includes six million hours worked without a lost-time incident. Employees have the satisfaction of knowing that they are helping produce some of the best-loved and highest-quality products in our industry. Our Sea Ray and Flagler Edgewater plants, to cite just two examples, have won numerous awards, including many NMMA (National Marine Manufacturers Association) customer satisfaction awards.
And because the earth is our playground, we work hard to preserve and protect it for future generations. Our many "green" initiatives include the Brunswick Public Foundation, which works in part to support organizations that enhance the country's water resources for the recreational use by the public.
A Mutually Beneficial Relationship
Benefits are an important part of your total compensation package. That's why Brunswick Corporation is committed to providing valuable and competitive benefits to help meet your individual needs. From health and welfare to retirement plans, you have the flexibility to choose the benefits that best fit your life style. It is Brunswick's objective to provide a competitive benefits package that reflects the Company's commitment to supporting your professional growth and career by helping you:
- Meet your long-term financial goals;
- Address your health and well-being needs;
- Protect your family financially, and;
- Strike a balance between your personal and professional life.
Brunswick offers a generous benefits package* unmatched throughout the marine, fitness, bowling and billiards industries including:
Long-term Financial Goals
- Brunswick Savings Plan - includes 401(k) match and potential annual variable contributions
- Brunswick Employee Stock Investment Plan
Health and Well Being
- Comprehensive medical, dental, prescription, and vision benefits
- Flexible spending accounts
- Health benefits assistance program
- Fitness centers (some locations)
- Disability benefits
- Life and accident insurance
- Business travel accident insurance
Personal and Professional Life
- Vacation and holidays
- Educational tuition reimbursement program
- General employee assistance program
- Brunswick product purchase program
- Brunswick Foundation Annual Sons & Daughters Scholarship Program
- Brunswick Foundation Dollars for Doers Program (community outreach)
Please note: benefits offered to hourly and salaried candidates for each Brunswick location or division may vary from those listed above and are only available to eligible employees as defined by Brunswick. Please contact a Human Resources professional at the Brunswick division for which you are considering employment for more specific benefits information.
Talent Management Program
Brunswick is committed to building talent for the future by attracting great people, partnering in their development and creating career opportunities within our organization. To ensure we have a sufficient talent pipeline and the best people in the right jobs aligned to executing our business strategies, Brunswick has a Talent Management Program
The Talent Management Program includes a development program targeted for upcoming financial and business leaders: the Financial Leadership Development Program.This intense, two-year program is designed to accelerate learning and development, preparing participant for key roles throughout the organization. Consisting of both on-the-job and formal learning experiences, it is designed to provide participants with the technical, business, and leadership skills necessary to be successful throughout their career.
In addition, to ensure discussion and planning around the topics of Talent Identification, Succession Planning and Career Progression, Brunswick also holds annual Division and Corporate Talent Reviews. These Reviews provide a forum to discuss employees career aspirations and organizational talent needs, which drive organizational development and career planning efforts.
Working to Make Life Better
Learn how Brunswick positively influences the industries in which we participate and supports the communities in which our employees live and work.
- The Brunswick Foundation - A charitable organization that serves our employees and their communities.
Learn More >
- Brunswick Public Foundation - A not-for-profit Corporation that primarily supports local United Way organizations, as well as environmental organizations that enhance the country's water resources for the recreational use by the public. Learn More >
- Brand-level Local Initiatives - Serving local communities by sponsoring community events and supporting individual employees. For instance, a recent employee-driven food drive raised more than $10,000 in food an monetary donations for a local food pantry.
- Scholarship Programs - Includes four major programs overseen by the Brunswick Foundation, such as the Sons & Daughters Scholarship Program.
Dollars for Doers Program - Recognizes the volunteer efforts of Brunswick Employees for nonprofit organizations.
Our manufacturing facilities are the best in the business. We take enormous pride in our company's outstanding safety record, which includes our Sea Ray plant achieving six million hours worked without a lost-time incident. Brunswick's Boston Whaler plant in Edgewater, Fla., also has logged 1.8 million hours without a lost-time incident.
In addition, employees have the satisfaction of knowing that they are helping produce some of the best-loved and highest-quality products in our industry. Our plants have won numerous quality and customer satisfaction awards, including these recent honors:
- For the eighth consecutive year, Boston Whaler has received recognition from the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), the leading association of the recreational boating industry, for excellence in customer satisfaction and pursuit of continuous improvement.
- For the fourth year in a row, Bayliner Boats received three prestigious Customer Satisfaction Index (CSI) awards from the NMMA.
- Meridian Yachts received a prestigious NMMA CSI award in the Motor Yachts and Trawlers category. To qualify, Meridian maintained an independently measured standard of excellence of 90 percent or higher in customer satisfaction over the past program year.
- For the seventh year in a row, Sea Ray Boats has won more Marine Industry CSI Awards (seven in 2011) than any other boat builder in the program.
- The Sea Ray plant received the prestigious 2011 Chairman?s Safety Award for achieving more than six million hours worked without a lost time incident. Employees chose to donate the $10,000 grant to the Flagler County Police Athletic League.
- Crestliner Boats is recognized for excellence in customer satisfaction and pursuit of continuous improvement with a 2011 Marine Industry CSI Award.
- J.D. Powers and Associates awards (Sea Ray) for "Highest in Customer Satisfaction with Express Cruisers in a Tie"" and "Highest in Customer Satisfaction Award with Small Runabouts."
Executive Administrative Assistant
Brunswick Bowling & Billiards - Lake Forest, IL
32 years with Brunswick
"The things I enjoy most about my job are the people I work for and the variety of work I get to perform. There's never a dull moment!"
Manager, Quality/QMS/Service and Utility
Sea Ray-Meridian - Palm Coast, FL
26 years at Brunswick/Sea Ray-Meridian
"I started at Sea Ray hearing that if I work hard and stay loyal, good things will happen. And they did! Being a part of Brunswick has definitely helped me 'Live Life Well' so far."
Brunswick Boat Group
President, Harris FloteBote and Cypress Cay - Fort Wayne, IN
10 years with Brunswick
"I am involved in every aspect of the business, which makes my job very satisfying.There is nothing better than meeting a customer and hearing stories about their wonderful times at the lake."